Monday, April 6, 2009

Vinatero



August 2007. I just moved to Uptown Whittier and I began to check out many of the local shops. Being a Belgium beer fan I made my way into a newly opened wine shop called Vinatero Wine Shop in uptown. When I walked in the gentleman behind the counter said, " The Mods are here!" That one moment began a good friendship in the greatest shop in Whittier or do I dare say Southern California.

Owners Lisa & Ernie are some of the most happening and stylish people I know. The shop has huge selection of wine and if you like you can stroll up to the wine tasting area and for a price sample some of the weekly featured wines. The friendly staff know their wine and are always willing to help you with pick out a bottle vino for your event or dinner table. And if you are a Beer fan like myself they have an excellent selection of international beers to purchase and a few select beers to try out in the tasting area. This isn't a bar atmosphere but a classy and intimate place to take close friends or dates to but still have a fun relaxing evening unlike those uptight holes in the wall on the Westside. Highly recommended if you live in Southern California! If you stop by I'll be the guy with the Kwak in hand.

Vinatero Wine Shop Uptown Whittier 6531 Greenleaf Ave. Whittier CA 90601 (562) 464-Wine

No comments: